Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) therapy is used at Skinartist Laser Clinic, for hair restoration and natural looking results. In this non-surgical procedure, your own Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) is injected into the scalp. Then the growth factors (stem cells) in your blood cells do their job and hair growth is naturally stimulated.
PRP contains growth factors to help with hair loss or hair restoration. When PRP is injected, it naturally stimulates your existing hair follicles to slow down hair loss and promote new growth. While hair follicles can change in size, they never disappear, so there are always follicles available to stimulate.
How it works
PRP hair treatments use the same process as other PRP therapy injections, such as muscle recovery procedures, or the popular “ Vampire Facial. ”
PRP is a processed substance made of blood. To get this PRP, a small sample of your blood will be drawn and put through a centrifuge, spinning at an intensive speed. The spinning of the centrifuge helps to separate the components of blood, leaving each component more concentrated for stronger platelets and rich plasma to promote effective growth. This concentrated PRP is then injected into your scalp with a very thin needle. This injection provides the needed blood to stimulate hair follicles to produce more hairs per follicle, and thicker hair per follicle, shifting the rate of hair loss. PRP also helps to restore and repair any damage to stem cells, which will reinforce blood flow to inactive hair follicles and boost hair restoration moving forward.
The full procedure should take around 30 minutes, so you can get back to your busy life in no-time.
Use of PRP therapy in Hair Restoration helps to achieve the following results:
- Hair coming out decreases just after the first procedures;
- The phase of “coming out” is switched to the phase of growth;
- Oil glands begin to function in a normal way eliminating dyssebacia (dandruff);
- Growth of fungi and bacteria on the scalp is inhibited;
- Hair thickening;
- Regeneration of hair structure and diameter;
- After the course of treatment hair grows healthy, firm and glossy.
- PRP Hair Treatments can be done as regularly as monthly, and do not require any preparatory medications, or recovery down time. While patients can wash their hair in the few hours following the procedure, they should avoid any harsh chemical treatments such as hair coloring or perming for at least 72 hours.
Unlike many hair growth medications, PRP therapy hair treatments do not have significant side effects. Mild inflammation, swelling, and redness may be experienced for a short period after the treatment. All concerns and medical history can be discussed with our professionals during your consultation.
PRP treatments are accepted throughout the industry for their safety, effectiveness, and lower price point.
Call Now: 1 647-575-4367 to find out more about Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) Therapy at Skinartist Laser Clinic.