Laser hair removal is a process of removing hair by exposing them to pulses of laser light which destroys the hair follicle. This practice is being performed for about 20 years, since it got commercialized in 1995 and 1996. Laser removal treatmentis widely practiced in the clinics all around the world.
How it works?
A laser emits a light that is absorbed by the melanin pigment in the hair. The light energy which is emitted is then converted into heat which results in damaging the tube-shaped sacs within the skin that produces hair. By this the future hair growth gets damaged and affected which delays hair growth. It is an effective method of removing hair for a long period of time. This treatment requires multiple clinic visits at initial stage and later on it might require the maintenance treatments as well. This method is successful for all skin types and colours.
What are the effective parts?
This method is used to reduce all the unwanted hair from our body but the main body parts include legs, armpits, upper lips, chin, etc. Laser treatment must be avoided near eyes and on tattoo areas. Hair type and skin type effects the treatment because of pigmentation of hair. The pigments must be able to absorb the light. Less effective hair colours which does not absorb the light well includes, grey, red, white, and blond.The laser light must only damage the hair and not the hair follicle.
What are the preparations before treatment?
First the hair to be removed are trimmed up to few millimeters above the skin. Then the numbing cream is applied in the area before 20-30 minutes. Then the equipment is adjusted according to the colour, thickness and location of the hair to be treated.
What are the benefits?
Benefits of laser hair removal treatment are:
- Specific - It’s not essential to use laser light in the whole area, one can choose to apply the laser treatment on only unwanted hair, leaving the rest of the surrounding skin undamaged. This makes the treatment very precise.
- Effective - This method has high predictability. After 3 to 7 sessions, many people experience permanent hair loss.
- Speedy process - It is a very fast and effective process. It can treat approximately a quarter area within a second.
- Saves more money - This treatment is a permanent method hence it saves the money as the results are achieved within a short period of time.
- Pain free - Unlike waxing, threading and epilator methods, laser treatment is pain free and saves from any type of irritation or razor burns.
- Minimum side effects - There are very few side effects of laser treatment and they are not long-lasting. People who experience any problem can treat it with little care within few days.
- Cost effective - It might seem a bit costly but if we add up the whole life time expense of visiting a parlor, we will realize that this method is more money saving.